Solved

I just upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and upgraded Data Interoperability as well and now my existing Spatial ETL tools fail.

• 15 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I just upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and upgraded Data Interoperability (FME(R) 2022.0.0.2 (20220518 - Build 22343 - WIN64) . I have several tools built in the previous version that are now failing. The only error message I get is literally: "Error running translation". That's it. Not very helpful. Has anyone else experienced this with the Pro upgrade to 3.0?

icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 15 August 2022, 17:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I'm no expert on Data Interopability, but according to Notes on FME and Esri Versions and Compatibility AGS Pro 3.0.x needs at least 2022.1 or higher...

I'm no expert on Data Interopability, but according to Notes on FME and Esri Versions and Compatibility AGS Pro 3.0.x needs at least 2022.1 or higher...

Thanks @nielsgerrits​  that's helpful. But digging a little deeper, it looks like the Data Interoperability extension that is included in the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 upgrade is 2022.0.0.2 (Version of FME equivalent to the Esri Data Interoperability Version (safe.com)). So if the extension is incompatible with the version of ArcGIS Pro then, it seems we may be out of luck until Data Interop upgrades to 2022.1. I guess I should have done more research before upgrading Pro. Thanks again for the help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Thanks @nielsgerrits​  that's helpful. But digging a little deeper, it looks like the Data Interoperability extension that is included in the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 upgrade is 2022.0.0.2 (Version of FME equivalent to the Esri Data Interoperability Version (safe.com)). So if the extension is incompatible with the version of ArcGIS Pro then, it seems we may be out of luck until Data Interop upgrades to 2022.1. I guess I should have done more research before upgrading Pro. Thanks again for the help.

I'm afraid so. Be aware, upgraded Pro projects are not backwards compatible.

Badge +10

Hi @tifffinke​ ,

I'd suggest checking out this article from Esri. There is a possible workaround that you may want to try to see if it resolves the issue for Data Interoperability.

-Andrea

@andreaatsafe​, I followed the instructions in the Esri article and my translation ran successfully. Thank you so much!