Question

Hi folks, I'm just wondering if there is any interoperability for SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence - the data is stored in 'universes' and I want to be able to access that data using FME. Many thanks, Aaron

• 10 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hi folks, I'm just wondering if there is any interoperability for SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence - the data is stored in 'universes' and I want to be able to access that data using FME. Many thanks, Aaron

1 reply

Badge +10

Hi @aaronp_osni​. We've seen some interest/mentions from users over the years about using FME to connect to SAP Business Objects FME with SAP Business Objects (i.e. connecting to the SAP API instead of the underlying database). What would help us is if:

1. If could describe what you wish to extract from and/or write to SAP Business Objects?
  2. What are some of your use-cases for integrating with SAP Business Objects?

You can certainly try using the HTTPCaller to leverage the SAP APIs to see if you have any luck.

Alternatively, what database is your SAP Business Objects application running on? FME should be able to connect directly to that database (probably best if you only read from it). This option, however, might require someone familiar with the SAP data model. I see that universes can reside on SAP HANA (Building universes on SAP HANA). If you happen to be using SAP HANA, fme has SAP HANA readers and writers that you can try using.