Question

How can I have the name of features (polygons) which intersect a feature (polygon) in an attribute

• 10 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I would like to have overlaps of the features by creating attribute with all the names of the other features which overlaps. I used AreaOverAreaLayer but It's not what I'm looking for. With this transformer, I only had the number of overlap.

Moreover, with this transformer, if a feature (polygon) is overlaped at two different location of this polygon, it creates me 2 features different, but I want an only feature for a polygon. A feature by polygon.

Thank you !

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I would look into the SpatialRelator. I think you should be able to feed all the polygons into both the Requestor and Supplier ports, then use the Generate List option to get the names of all the overlapping polygons.

Badge

I would look into the SpatialRelator. I think you should be able to feed all the polygons into both the Requestor and Supplier ports, then use the Generate List option to get the names of all the overlapping polygons.

Thanks for your answer! I used SpatialRelator, now I have the number of polygons which intersect the feature (polygon). I tried to make a list with this transformer then I used "ListExploder" but it created several features by polygons as I said that created in my first message. I would like one feature by polygon with in an attribute all names of polygones with which intersect the feature

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

So, if you have a polygon and it intersects 4 other polygons with names John, Paul, George, and Ringo, you want a single attribute on the polygon that is something like intersecting_polygons = John,Paul,George,Ringo ? If so, instead of using the ListExploder, you can use the ListConcatenator to put the list values in that format. You can also specify the Separator Character in the attributes to something other than a comma.

Badge

So, if you have a polygon and it intersects 4 other polygons with names John, Paul, George, and Ringo, you want a single attribute on the polygon that is something like intersecting_polygons = John,Paul,George,Ringo ? If so, instead of using the ListExploder, you can use the ListConcatenator to put the list values in that format. You can also specify the Separator Character in the attributes to something other than a comma.

Thank you so much! And do you know how can I have the part of overlap? For example, I want to have " This polygon overlaps 15% (of the feature)"

Badge

Hello! Do how can I have the name which intersects the most the 1st polygon ?