Solved

merge multiple lines into one line

• 10 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hallo FME community,

I have many lines in a shapefile and some lines are connected to each other. I want to bring all lines that are connected together into one feature. I would be grateful if someone could give me an idea.

icon

Best answer by dustin 10 August 2022, 14:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

If they are all end node connected, you can use the LineCombiner.

If they are not end noded, I would first use the NetworkTopologyCalculator transformer. This should tag each connected set of lines with a common attribute _network_id. From there, you can aggregate those lines into one feature with Aggregator with Group By set to _network_id. You may need to process the lines through an Intersector before the NetworkTopologyCalculator, if the lines are not node connected.

Badge

If they are all end node connected, you can use the LineCombiner.

If they are not end noded, I would first use the NetworkTopologyCalculator transformer. This should tag each connected set of lines with a common attribute _network_id. From there, you can aggregate those lines into one feature with Aggregator with Group By set to _network_id. You may need to process the lines through an Intersector before the NetworkTopologyCalculator, if the lines are not node connected.

it works. many Thanx. :)