Solved

Why are file path users parameters disappearing when I open a workbench in 2022

Badge +2

When I open a workbench in 2022 that is authored in an earlier version, the user parameters that contain file paths disappear.

Below is the screen shots of a workbench in 2021:

2021_12021_22021_3These are the screen shots of the same source info in 2022

2022_12022_22022_3I am using FME 2022.0.1.1 (Build 22350 WIN 64)

If I unlink the user parameters in 2021 and then open in 2022 the file paths come through fine.

Thanks

Cheers

Jacky

icon

Best answer by danminneyatsaf 15 August 2022, 18:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @jackyd​, I have been able to reproduce the issue in the same build of FME 2022 as you (build 22350). However after some testing, it looks like this bug no longer exists in newer versions of FME. I recommend upgrading to the latest version of FME (2022.1), which you can find here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/ 

Try opening the workspace in FME 2022.1 and see if the issue still occurs. If the issue is still occurring, please let me know. 

Badge +2

Hi @jackyd​, I have been able to reproduce the issue in the same build of FME 2022 as you (build 22350). However after some testing, it looks like this bug no longer exists in newer versions of FME. I recommend upgrading to the latest version of FME (2022.1), which you can find here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/ 

Try opening the workspace in FME 2022.1 and see if the issue still occurs. If the issue is still occurring, please let me know. 

Thanks Dan, that has fixed it :)

Only now when i start 2022.1.1 I get this error message

imageI click OK and everything seems to work fine.

I have checked, and the file is there, in lots of places and I downloaded a new copy and saved to the FME2022 directory where fmeworkbench.exe is located, but it still comes up.

Mostly irritating atm :(

Cheers

Jacky

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

I have checked, and the file is there, in lots of places and I downloaded a new copy and saved to the FME2022 directory where fmeworkbench.exe is located, but it still comes up.

Cheers

Jacky

Hi @jackyd​ are you running Windows Server 2012? This is an issue we're currently aware of with 2022.1.1 that only affects machines running Windows Server 2012. As far as we're aware the pop-up does not have an affect on the functionality of FME Workbench. We will notify you when the bug has been resolved.

Badge +2

Cheers

Jacky

Yes we are, I will talk to our people about getting it upgraded to 2022.

Thanks Dan