Question

Having an issue with transposing columns to rows.

• 6 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am fairly new to FME and am having a tremendous issue with attempting to transpose columns into rows. I have tried the other fixes to transposing rows to columns but to no avail. Here is the sample sheet I am trying to transpose.

imageAnd under the inspector it tabulates into this

imageThe issue is that I am wanting to combine the rows of A and C into columns and having rows B and ROM status falling underneath these columns stated above. Columns E, F, and G are not needed. I have tried using the transposer transformer as well as attribute pivoter with an aggregator but does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and will answer anything I did not clarify.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @shibboletharris​ 

You can take the general method of transposing a table described in method 2 of this article and apply it to your data. Skip using an AttributeExploder since your data is already formatted in a way that is suitable already (eg. features already formatted as key-value attributes on one feature).

I have attached a workspace using a modified version of the method described in the article above. I hope it helps!