Question

Overlapping Layers

Badge +5

Currently, all the values overlap each other, I only need whatever layer/value has the highest qpf at any given location. See the attached screenshot as an example. This one shows at the location I clicked on there are 6 layers overlapping that location (1 of 6).3ae6d080-a68c-490a-b9e1-19144790fd1c

14 replies

Badge +5

Any one ?

Badge +5

???

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

You need an AreaOnAreaOverlayer, and a ListRangeExtractor.

Badge +5

why its 1049 ?? if we have 910 ?

Badge +5

Still overlping

Untitled

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

The data has issues along the eastern and northern extents. Since the areas are not coincident, you are getting 'extra' areas in count. I would lean toward just leaving it as-is. You could possibly try cleaning this up, but you run the risk of modifying data that is good. The AreaOnAreaOverlayer will return no overlaps among the areas.image

Badge +5

imageI am new in FME

see there are three polygons

basically what my boss is saying is that the outer polygon should be a doughnut-like shape, currently, its area is also covers the higher value qpf polygon inside (darker colours)

see when I clicked on inner polygon

it also selected outer polygon because there is no hole

he is saying the outer polygon should have hole inside it

i think we need to clip the layer with itself this will punch hole inside polygons which are bigger

the shapefile will go in both paramets for the function, both input and clip

the output file will have polygons with holes

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

imageI am new in FME

see there are three polygons

basically what my boss is saying is that the outer polygon should be a doughnut-like shape, currently, its area is also covers the higher value qpf polygon inside (darker colours)

see when I clicked on inner polygon

it also selected outer polygon because there is no hole

he is saying the outer polygon should have hole inside it

i think we need to clip the layer with itself this will punch hole inside polygons which are bigger

the shapefile will go in both paramets for the function, both input and clip

the output file will have polygons with holes

What results are getting from the AreaOnAreaOverlayer? This transformer should do exactly what you are asking for.

Badge +5

Untitledsee stil i am getting overlaps when i clicked

Badge +5

can you give me you wS might be i am working wrong

Badge +5

still the same

Untitled

Badge +5

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Can you post your log file?

Badge +5