Solved

Adding titles in PDFPageFormatter

• 4 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello FME enthusiasts,

I am slowly getting better within FME – but now and then I simply get stuck.

In my example, I load a simple .xlsx File with a borehole identifier (BID) and a complementing link to its online available drilling profile (URL).

The goal is to extract the profile for each BID via ImageFetcher and to write it into a single .pdf File via the fanout option.

Works great so far, but I just cannot figure out how to provide the BID as additional information (here: headline directly in each .pdf) via the PDFPageFormatter. Whatever I do, only the fetched raster image is written as .pdf File.

This is more a general question, as more information could be added to the .pdf File (e. g. date and time of image extraction).

Please see my attached FME template file.

I am quite sure the solution is simple, but I need some help/hints.

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards

Alexander

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 4 August 2022, 21:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You'll need to create a feature with geometry in order for the PDFPageFormatter to pick it up. So the features that go in to the Query port should first go through a VertexCreator (just have it create a point at 0,0) and then a TextAdder to add whatever you want to put in that label and then optionally a PDFStyler if you want to style it nicely.

You'll need to create a feature with geometry in order for the PDFPageFormatter to pick it up. So the features that go in to the Query port should first go through a VertexCreator (just have it create a point at 0,0) and then a TextAdder to add whatever you want to put in that label and then optionally a PDFStyler if you want to style it nicely.

@Hans van der Maarel​ :

Thanks for your support.

Your remarks & explanations helped me to accomplish my desired output – I understood the missing part and learned something new.

Thank you & much appreciation for your time :)

Kind Regards

Alexander