Question

Excel FeatureWriter ignoring Row Number Attribute

Hi all,

I've published a workspace to FME Server which updates some rows in Excel. When run on FME Workbench, the rows are correctly updating (using fme_db_operation = UPDATE) at the correct row number, which starts at row 10. I've set the row number by using a counter for xlsx_row_id with a Count Start set to 10.

Weirdly, when published to FME Server, the workspace ignores the xlsx_row_id attribute and starts writing at row number 1 (even though it gets the correct column positions). Is this a bug in FME Server? Does anyone have a workaround? I've tried different options in the Start Position parameters of the FeatureWriter (both "Named Range Start Row" and "Start Row") but no success...

Any advice gladly received,

BI

FeatureWriter parameters

3 replies

I've just found the answer, the counter that generates the  xlsx_row_id needs to be set to Local rather than Global on Server.

Badge +2

@bi​ There should be no difference between FME Desktop and FME Server, the underlying processing engine is the same, provided the version of FME Desktop and FME Server are the same.

• check and confirm that the versions of FME Desktop and FME Server are the same
  • check how the xlsx_row_id is being set. Perhaps the FME Server is being passed the wrong value

@bi​ There should be no difference between FME Desktop and FME Server, the underlying processing engine is the same, provided the version of FME Desktop and FME Server are the same.

• check and confirm that the versions of FME Desktop and FME Server are the same
  • check how the xlsx_row_id is being set. Perhaps the FME Server is being passed the wrong value

thanks, Mark, it turns out that the Counter needed setting to Local rather than Global. All working once I changed that.