Question

IFC file EDITING

Badge

Hello I have an *.ifc file and wanted to read in FME and delete records .

How to read the file what is correct format ? After i add as reader (individual or single merged ? ) there are lot of features in it i am intrested in

i am intrested in working with Plates and keeping rest of the things same.

SO this is how the graphical representation looks like of Plates

I just want to delete all plates that are in yellow colour and keep rest of them

HOW DO i DO that as i dont see any attributes where this values of plates are stored

it istored in STATUS columns and i don't see attributes tables or at first please help STEP by STEP how to build a Worbench where i will be able to see Attribute tables and select the rows that i want to delete as in "STATUS" column yellow plates are marked with " octructed elements to delete"

this is how my workbench looks like

imageAny guidance or help with workbench is highly appreciated and thankful

4 replies

Badge

I have no idea how to get started and how will the workbench look like so please appreciate when comment , please i request in details steps

Badge

I think i got bit close to what i was looking for NOW only is exporting IFC file ......when i export IFC there is no GEOMETRY 😞 any idea as to why this happen or where i am going wrong ?

Whereas if you see or NOTE there is geometry here in previous step 

Image is not available

Setting for WRITER IFC file image 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I think i got bit close to what i was looking for NOW only is exporting IFC file ......when i export IFC there is no GEOMETRY 😞 any idea as to why this happen or where i am going wrong ?

Whereas if you see or NOTE there is geometry here in previous step 

Image is not available

Setting for WRITER IFC file image 

One quick way to try and get this working is to use the Generate Workspace function when you first open FME Desktop to ensure all the correct feature types and attributes are being assigned. Additionally, this Updating an IFC File Article might help point you in the right direction: https://community.safe.com/s/article/updating-ifc-example

Badge

One quick way to try and get this working is to use the Generate Workspace function when you first open FME Desktop to ensure all the correct feature types and attributes are being assigned. Additionally, this Updating an IFC File Article might help point you in the right direction: https://community.safe.com/s/article/updating-ifc-example

thanks Dan i loaded that but cannot see the attribute that i am after.

this is how the dynamic and static as well WB is image