Solved

FME Desktop 2022.1 Build 22618: How to perform the “AttributePivotor”?

Badge +5

FME Desktop 2022.1 Build 22618: How to perform the “AttributePivotor”?

I couldn’t figure out how to apply the “AttributePivotor” in order to derive the “R” table from “Q” table as per the screenshot.

The data is attached

Clip_926 

Clip_927 

Clip_928 

icon

Best answer by caracadrian 27 July 2022, 07:19

View original

5 replies

Badge +20

@jamal​ the data you attached is different from your example. I was able to recreate your Q table via Clipper and AttributeManager...

You set AttributePivoter with Group Rows By Name, Group Columns By Area_ABC_English (Type) and Attribute To Analyze: Percent. The rest doesn't really matter.

After that you expose Area A, Area B and Area C attributes via AttibuteExposer or AttributeManager.

I have attached a template workspace with the desired settings.

Badge +5

Thank you caracadrian for the help.

Sorry for attaching the wrong data. I managed to re-attach the correct one (S.gdb)

The “AttributePivotor” is performed (as per the screenshot) but the output appears not to be as expected.

What could be the issue here?

Clip_935 

Clip_936 

Clip_937 

Badge +20

Thank you caracadrian for the help.

Sorry for attaching the wrong data. I managed to re-attach the correct one (S.gdb)

The “AttributePivotor” is performed (as per the screenshot) but the output appears not to be as expected.

What could be the issue here?

Clip_935 

Clip_936 

Clip_937 

You need to expose the newly created attributes via the AttributeExposer transformer.

Badge +5

But why the output of “AttributePivotor” is just nothing? I’m expecting that this transformer will be doing the transpose in one go.

What is the benefit of using the AttributeExposer transformer if the output of the “AttributePivotor” is just nothing?

Badge +5

It works fine. Thank you.

Is there any transformer that can perform the pivot in one go?

Clip_959Clip_960 

Clip_961Clip_962