Question

I need to get an email from a service (that can not be sent to fmeserver) and then download the xlsx that is in a url link in the email

Badge +9

CaptureI have a user that gets an email with an xlsx report in it. the report is not sent directly but is in a url that (i cannot post it here) has ?u=213123&id=3126582175e=12323

I have not determined how or if this url will change with each delivery.

The url only changes with the report type. apparently they upload a new file to the same url each week.

But this cannot be used with any of the fme server email functions (we had to disable all email to or from fme).

The file that is in the link is a simple xlsx so that part i already have working. i am just trying to figure out how to make something work within the parameters of our requirements.

So since the url doesn't change I just need a way to read this email and feed this url into the xlsx reader.

I have the feed part i think. but when i try to set up something with email it always seems to be dependent upon the internal fme server email system. which we cannot use. the only other method i have found will only read an email attachment.

am i missing something?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!