Question

How to extract an adress from a point from X and Y coordinate?

Hi,

I have a feature point with X and Y coordinates Attributs filled by using the CoordinateExtractor. I would like to know the adress of the point. So I have prepared an attribut called ADRESS. How can I extract the adress from X and Y coordinates?

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Depending on which state you are in, it may be helpful to download this database: National Address Database (NAD) Disclaimer | US Department of Transportation. There are some states that do not participate. I only downloaded the schema file geodatabse since it's such a large dataset, but it looks like it is point data.

You could potentially use a NeighborFinder to get the attributes from the closest NAD point to your coordinate points. There may be some margin of error here due to GPS drift or bad collection, but it might be close enough. Make sure the data is projected the same before the comparison.

Badge +2

@pauline1985​ Try the FME Geocoder transformer. It supports a wide range of geocoders - although most need a subscription. It supports reverse geocoding