Question

cesium 3d object write can add lod?

Badge +3

Feed Detail (safe.com) I search a question about cesium 3d lod, but The description is not clear,who have some advice?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @charry​, thanks for posting. I think this will depend on what version of FME you're using. The way we handle priority for Cesium writing has changed in FME 2022.0

The cesium_priority attribute now only applies to older workspaces. I can add some information about this attribute if you're using an older version of FME, just let me know!

For new writers, the priority value is no longer required. The features are distributed among tiles automatically. The larger features will automatically be given a higher priority value. Caveat - sometimes this leads to unwanted/undesirable tiling in the writer, specifically if you're working with multiple large features located in a small geographic area. Just mentioning this so you're aware, but if the features are spread out (like buildings in a city), then the new tiling method should work fairly well for you.

Although this change happened in 2022.0, I noticed that the cesium_priority format attribute is unnessisarily accessible in 2022.0 and 2022.1, I've made a ticket to have this attribute removed from the writer: FMEENGINE-74262. Let me know if you have any other related questions. Happy to help, Kailin.

Badge +3

Hello @charry​, thanks for posting. I think this will depend on what version of FME you're using. The way we handle priority for Cesium writing has changed in FME 2022.0

The cesium_priority attribute now only applies to older workspaces. I can add some information about this attribute if you're using an older version of FME, just let me know!

For new writers, the priority value is no longer required. The features are distributed among tiles automatically. The larger features will automatically be given a higher priority value. Caveat - sometimes this leads to unwanted/undesirable tiling in the writer, specifically if you're working with multiple large features located in a small geographic area. Just mentioning this so you're aware, but if the features are spread out (like buildings in a city), then the new tiling method should work fairly well for you.

Although this change happened in 2022.0, I noticed that the cesium_priority format attribute is unnessisarily accessible in 2022.0 and 2022.1, I've made a ticket to have this attribute removed from the writer: FMEENGINE-74262. Let me know if you have any other related questions. Happy to help, Kailin.

thank you ​reply, I use 2022 version, now I have more 5 million data for underline pipe. I find when I create 3d pipe and write to 3dtiles Running very slow,canyou provide some advice for me ,thanks.

also if some way can add appeance in python when I create pipe though python