Solved

How to get the percentage of a feature compared to another ?

Badge

For exemple, I would like to have "This feature A overlaps 5% of the feature B" and "The feature B overlaps 30% of the feature A" (I have one dataset)

For now, I used "AreaOnAreaOverLayer" to have overlaps. Then, I calculated the area of the overlaps and the features to know what part of the feature the overlap represents.

However, at the end, I have for a feature the percentage that represents the overlap compared to one feature, but I haven't the other feature. I only have " Field 1: Feature A / Field 2: 80%" . That's all

I want another field that tell me the name of the other feature.

Thank you for helping

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 22 July 2022, 22:50

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @lachichi_farah​ 

Did you choose the configuration Merge Incoming Attributes ( into transformer )?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge

Hi @lachichi_farah​ 

Did you choose the configuration Merge Incoming Attributes ( into transformer )?

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

I've just tried but I think it doesn't change anything

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

You need to build a list in the AreaOnAreaOverlayer, then explode this list so that you can do the overlap sums for each feature. Something like this

Badge

You need to build a list in the AreaOnAreaOverlayer, then explode this list so that you can do the overlap sums for each feature. Something like this

I'm going to test. Thank you!

Badge

So I tested it but it doesn't work...or I did it wrong

Badge

I haven't in the same line the names of the two features which overlaps

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Can you provide some sample data?

Badge

Yes ! I attached it. Thank you.

So I would have in the same line for example that the feature "Quimper_B1" overlaps "Briec T3" at 31% . And also " Briec T3" overlaps "Quimper_B1" at 35% (maybe in an other line).

For now, I haven't both names in the same line. I only have "This overlap is 31% of Quimper_B1"

Thank you

Badge +2

@lachichi_farah​ thanks for including the same data. that makes it much easy to test out a solution. Attached is an example workspace that I think more or less will give you what you want. (FME 2022.1)

Badge

@lachichi_farah​ thanks for including the same data. that makes it much easy to test out a solution. Attached is an example workspace that I think more or less will give you what you want. (FME 2022.1)

Hello ! Sorry for late, I was in vacation. Thank you so much ! It exactly what I wanted. Thank you !

Have a good day!