Solved

Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer - How i have to format date-values?

Badge

Hello,

i have problems to write data with the Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer.

The writer is not able to write the date-values into the date-type-attribute.

I've did research in the internet and tried a lot of different date-formats but nothing is working.

I've also created a hosted feature layer in Portal for ArcGIS to see how the dates are written when i add features. I cloned that date-format in the workspace but this also failed.

Is anyone out there who successfully wrote date-data with the Esri ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer or has an approach to solve the problem?

I'm using Workbench 2020.2.0.0 (20201027 - Build 20787 - WIN64).

Thank you very much!

Greetings!

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 20 July 2022, 13:39

View original

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi resch, can you give a list of formats that you have tried? Also have you tried epoch milliseconds? I generally don't use this writer so can't give you writer specific tips. I do however have problems with a feature layer on our portal that will only accept epoch milliseconds and nothing else.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

It should accept an FME datetime, i think it will fail if you just try and send a date field without a time. I have successfully written into a date field using an ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer

Badge

It should accept an FME datetime, i think it will fail if you just try and send a date field without a time. I have successfully written into a date field using an ArcGIS Portal Feature Service Writer

Thank you ebygomm!

The FME datetime format is the key! 👍

Sometimes solutions are so close...