Solved

Creating and enclosed polygon of the point data. Hi, I have a pole data connected to houses. I wanted to create an enclosed polygon with the pole and all its corresponding demand points. Can some one help. Attached is the requirement

Badge
Creating and enclosed polygon of the point data. Hi, I have a pole data connected to houses. I wanted to create an enclosed polygon with the pole and all its corresponding demand points. Can some one help. Attached is the requirement
icon

Best answer by geomancer 20 July 2022, 16:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @krishnamohan​ 

Please, try to use the transformer HullReplacer.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge

Hi,

I want to enclose them, but this is actually connecting all the points

Krishna

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi,

I want to enclose them, but this is actually connecting all the points

Krishna

Please, share us your data.

Badge

Hi,

Please find the data.

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

Something like this...

1. Copy the IDs of the poles to the lines using PointOnAreOverlayer, merging the attributes
  2. Copy the attributes of the lines to the points, using another PointOnAreaOverlayer, merging the attributes
  3. Calculate the convex hull of the points and the poles, group by pole ID

Note: I renamed the attributes of the poles and the points, as they had the same attribute name.

Poles_and_points 

Badge

Something like this...

1. Copy the IDs of the poles to the lines using PointOnAreOverlayer, merging the attributes
  2. Copy the attributes of the lines to the points, using another PointOnAreaOverlayer, merging the attributes
  3. Calculate the convex hull of the points and the poles, group by pole ID

Note: I renamed the attributes of the poles and the points, as they had the same attribute name.

Poles_and_points 

Hi,

Many thanks for the same. But it is not serving my purpose. I need to create polygons like this in the below screenshot

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

You can replace the HullAccumulator with a VoronoiDiagrammer (no special settings), followed by a Dissolver grouping by pole ID. This will fill your whole plane.

Poles_and_points_alternative_ending

Badge

Thank you