Question

Updating a Geopackage file issue

Badge +6

Hi,

I need to update geospatial data in Geopackage format from a Google Sheet file that contains addresses to geocode that are updated regularly. The process of creating points via geocoding works very well. However, I need to create buffers around points based on an attribute of a field and use the existing Geopackage output file to add the update news. I also have to update the output file of the points in order to add the new entities to the Geopackage file by specifying in my output file the table to update.

Unfortunately, when I run my workspace I get the following error message:

OGCGEOPACKAGE writer: Requested feature type 'zone_buffer_300m' does not exist. OGCGEOPACKAGE writer does not have the ability to create new feature types. Create the feature type on the dataset before writing

OGCGEOPACKAGE writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details.

Attached is a screenshot of the output file configuration settings window and the entire FME workspace.

Thanks in advance for your solutions and suggestions!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If you set the table handling for the zone_buffer_300m feature type to "Create if needed", would that work?

Badge +6

@Hans van der Maarel​ 

I set the table handling for the buffer_zone_300m to "Created if needed" and I still have an other error message a little bit differente.

Beloww the error message:

"OGCGEOPACKAGE writer: OGCGEOPACKAGE writer: For feature type 'zone_tampon_300m', existing primary key is named 'id' but no attribute was found on schema with that name. Updates and deletes must use the existing primary key"

Regards,