Question

What's Up Wednesday (13-July-2022): Voting for Webinars, FME at the Esri UC, Hub Updates, Customer Stories, Data Validation for Road Inventories

• 14 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello FME'ers,

This is a slightly late and slightly shorter version of What's Up Wednesday this week.

Voting for Webinars

At Safe, we're just planning the webinar lineup for the final quarter of this year (October to December). We'd previously asked users for suggestions, which we reviewed, and now we want to put that list to a vote.

The simplest way we could think of was to add them to the Ideas section of the community. So that's what we did:

WUW-2022-07-13-01 

Please do log into the community, browse the list, and vote for your favourite webinar suggestions. Just like FME functionality, the more upvotes a webinar gets, the more we are likely to present it.

If you want to isolate all the webinar ideas, then be sure to click the Webinar tag on the Ideas page:

WUW-2022-07-13-02 

On the subject of Ideas, write down your best ones and bring them to the FME User Conference with you, where the User Experience team is waiting to discuss FME with you!

Our Webinar History

There was an interesting tweet from GeoGaard this week where they'd created a workspace to count the number of webinars we hold per year. Here's the result:

WUW-2022-07-13-06 

Wow! We do create a lot of content, don't we?! Thanks for sharing that with us and for your kind comments about our webinar program.

FME at the Esri UC

Being a bit late, I'm not sure if this is still useful, but you can find us at the Esri UC this week, booth 2026 I believe.

I can't guarantee we'll have any of our soft toy Lizards and Zipsters left though!

WUW-2022-07-13-03 

FME Hub Updates

In case you missed it (like I did last week) the monthly FME Hub digest is now available. This page lists all of the new tools added to the hub in the month of June.

The most interesting one to me is the CREAppAttributesPivoter:

WUW-2022-07-13-04 

So, click the above link to see all of what is new. Also note that if you are a Hub author, the testsuite is now running FME 2022.1.0.0, so you can use the latest FME Desktop for your new creations.

Customer Stories

There were two new customer stories published on the Safe website this week. The first - Nottingham City Council - is a 1Spatial project that I mentioned in a previous newsletter.

The other is a Call Before You Dig project for a utilities (Electric) customer in New Zealand, carried out by our partner Locus. I really love this quote from the story:

"Using FME to automate the “Before You Dig” process reduced processing time from an average of 209 requests a month at 156 processing hours to just 4 hours!"

If you've seen that recent video of the post-hole digger:

WUW-2022-07-13-05 

...then you'll know exactly why these systems are so important!

FME in Transportation

If transportation is your work, then be sure to check the FME in Transportation group on LinkedIn.

WUW-2022-07-13-07 

In particular, look out for a talk next Wednesday on Road Inventory Data Validations using FME.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Thanks @mark2atsafe​