Question

How to stop StatisticsCalculator from converting a summed value to scientific format?

I'm trying to sum a series of values by an ID in the StatisticsCalculator (using the group by function) and the summed values keep returning as scientific format (5.9e-6) but I want the decimal number (0.00000599).

How do I do this?

P.s it only seems to happen when I set to group by.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

It's not just the StatisticsCalculator, any number field apparently.

One workaround would be to use the StringFormatter afterwards and use the format string f to force it to a floating point number.

Schermafbeelding 2022-07-14 092955

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

One workaround would be to use the StringFormatter afterwards and use the format string f to force it to a floating point number.

I wonder how long this has been in there, I've gone back to the oldest build I have installed, 20614, and it's happening there too. Only with small numbers though, 1e-5 and smaller.

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​, thanks for the reply! I tried this first and whilst it works for some values, it doesn't for all

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​, thanks for the reply! I tried this first and whilst it works for some values, it doesn't for all

Which values does it not work for?