Solved

Can you set an shapefile writer to use a dynamic schema definition from a generic feature reader?

Badge

I have a workbench that takes a zip file as a user input and checks if it contains a shapfile. If it does, it goes to a FeatureReader and then on to a shapefile writer.

I have tried every setting I can, but I can't get it to generate an output shapefile if the shapefile writer is set to use a Dynamic Schema Definition

imageAm I missing something, or is this just not possible? The log says the workbench ran successfully, but no shapefile was created:

> Translation was SUCCESSFUL with 9 warning(s) (353 feature(s) output)

>FME Session Duration: 3.1 seconds. (CPU: 0.6s user, 0.8s system)

>END - ProcessID: 940, peak process memory usage: 116280 kB, current process memory usage: 111672 kB

>Translation was SUCCESSFUL

Ultimately, I'd like to publish an enhanced version of this to FME Server and create an app so that colleagues can upload zipped shapefiles and have convert their data to different coordinate system. I'm running FME Desktop/Server 2021.2.

Thanks, Dave

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 13 July 2022, 20:17

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

@oihdosj​ Try connecting the <schema> port to the Shapefile writer feature type. That should pass the schema to the writer

Badge

@oihdosj​ Try connecting the <schema> port to the Shapefile writer feature type. That should pass the schema to the writer

😥 I should have seen that! Thanks @Mark Stoakes​