Solved

Combine road network

Hey!

I have a a road network that is split into several features. They represent different values of the road. Example: 1 layer describe surface and another width. So the length of each line in the layers differ from eachother. I would like to merge these together and i wonder if anyone have a solution?

So far I've tried to

1. Take the endpoints from all the lines. Bunched them together and then used them in one PointonLineOverlayer for each Line Feature to split all Lines at the same spot.
  2. Now I'm unsure on how to join all the features to 1 Line features with all the attributes i want.

Example Picture:

FME_problem 

icon

Best answer by geomancer 12 July 2022, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

Did you look at the LineOnLineOverlayer?

Badge +2

@marcusth​ LineOnLineOverlayer should give you the result you need as suggested by @geomancer​ . You might have to experiment with the Tolerance parameter if the roads don't align exactly. If this doesn't give you the results you need then attach a small sample dataset an someone can try and dig a bit deeper into your question

@geomancer​ Thanks, i think LineOnLineOverlayer did the trick. I'm currently checking to see if all the data came out correct.

@Mark Stoakes​ Thanks. Yeah, I will attach some samples if this didn't work the way i wanted.