Question

I have 2 files: dgn1 (main data) dgn2 (reference) The two files should be checked against each other for duplicates. In the end, the dgn2 should be recreated without the duplicates contained in dgn1. Please help. Thanks.

I have 2 files: dgn1 (main data) dgn2 (reference) The two files should be checked against each other for duplicates. In the end, the dgn2 should be recreated without the duplicates contained in dgn1. Please help. Thanks.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Try the Matcher and/or the ChangeDetector.

Thanks, unfortunately the transformers don't work.

dgn1 contains cells and dgn2 contains texts that have the same insertion points.

Apparently the problem is that no texts are matched with geometries in the transformer.

How can I convert the texts to points or cells before the matcher transformer so that I have a geometry to geometry comparison? However, all other attributes should be retained.

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

Alas, I don't have enough knowledge of DGN files in FME to help you out here.

I hope somebody else can look into this (new) question.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @aharport​ ,

Would the duplicateFilter transformer help in your case?

-Kezia

Hi Kezia,

unfortunately, no

Userlevel 4
Badge +36

The bright minds on this forum may be able to help you better if you can provide them with some sample data, like a small part of dgn1 and the corresponding part of dgn2.

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Thanks, unfortunately the transformers don't work.

dgn1 contains cells and dgn2 contains texts that have the same insertion points.

Apparently the problem is that no texts are matched with geometries in the transformer.

How can I convert the texts to points or cells before the matcher transformer so that I have a geometry to geometry comparison? However, all other attributes should be retained.

Can you try disabling 'Expand Named Cells' in the reader for DGN 1? That will allow you to compare the insert points.