Solved

GoogleBigQueryConnector return error Python Exception

Hi,

The GoogleBigQueryConnector return the error of Python Exception. I'm not too sure what should I do to resolve this exception. I'm using the new version of FME 2022.1. Previously this transformer is working well in the FME 2020.

Message error detail:

Python Exception <ImportError>: cannot import name 'decodeWWJDString' from 'fmegeneral.fmeutil' (/Library/FME/2022.1/python/python39/fmegeneral/fmeutil.pyc)
PythonFactory failed to load python symbol `fmepy_google_bigquery.connector.GoogleBigQueryConnector'
Factory proxy not initialized
GoogleBigQueryConnector_CALLER (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature

Can someone help me on this please.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by markw 2 September 2022, 22:24

View original

3 replies

Badge

This same python error is appearing in the AzureBlobStorageConnector for FME 20222.0, reverting back to a 2021 version works.

Badge

Hi @mhprawiro​ @stevenjh​, my apologies for the late response! This is caused by a bug (FMEENGINE-71653) that affected FME 2022, but it's since been fixed. Below are the steps to fix the issue:

• In FME Workbench, you will need to upgrade the Google BigQuery and/or Azure Storage to the latest package version (instructions here).
  • You don't need to update the transformers, just the package.
  • If you're using these workspaces on FME Server, republish a workspace that uses the package. Make sure the package is selected on the "Upload Package" step of the publishing wizard. Once the workspace is published, run it once on FME Server (this will install the package).
    • You only need to do this once, and all other workspaces on FME Server that use the GoogleBigQueryConnector will use the updated package.

Thank you @Mark Warren​ the solution works on my side. 😊