Question

Error: A compatible ArcGIS application could not be found... when running workspaces with arcpy.

Hi, I have installed ArcGIS Pro 2.9 and FME Workbench 2022 on my computer. I have downloaded arcpy-example.fmw from the website, but I could not get it to run. I changed my setting, so that python compatibility is set to Esri ArcGIS Python 3.7+. I kept getting an ERROR: A compatible ArcGIS application could not be found or is not licensed for Python Compatibility 'Esri ArcGIS Python 3.7+'

I am unsure whether I would need an extra step to connect my ArcGIS Pro license to FME. In addition, my ArcGIS Pro is not authorized to work offline. I was wondering whether this was an issue.

In addition, inside my ArcGIS, the Data Interoperability extension is grayed out. Is this the reason why I could not use Arcpy in FME desktop? My ArcGIS licensing shows that data interoperability is licensed on my ArcGIS. Do I need to install ArcGIS Data interoperability for Pro for it works?

Thank you

5 replies

Badge +2

@vannary_ubc​ Check the Esri Compatibility chart. Did you install FME 64bit?

@vannary_ubc​ Check the Esri Compatibility chart. Did you install FME 64bit?

Yes, both FME and ArcGIS pro are 64bit

So, I solved the problem. I would need to install the data-interoperability extension on my ArcGIS pro. In addition, when you installed ArcGIS pro you have clicked the box for "Anyone who uses this computer (all users) "and not "only for me" in order to install the extension successfully on ArcGIS pro.

Badge +8

So, I solved the problem. I would need to install the data-interoperability extension on my ArcGIS pro. In addition, when you installed ArcGIS pro you have clicked the box for "Anyone who uses this computer (all users) "and not "only for me" in order to install the extension successfully on ArcGIS pro.

Hi @vannary_ubc​ 

There is no need to install Data Interoperability Extension to read/writer geodatabase formats or run arcpy.

Although, the account running the ArcGIS Pro, should be same as that running FME Workbench.

We do recommend installing ArcGIS Pro for All Users as this will ensure that the libraries are available for all the users (including some non-interactive ones).

Hi @vannary_ubc​ 

There is no need to install Data Interoperability Extension to read/writer geodatabase formats or run arcpy.

Although, the account running the ArcGIS Pro, should be same as that running FME Workbench.

We do recommend installing ArcGIS Pro for All Users as this will ensure that the libraries are available for all the users (including some non-interactive ones).

Thank you.