Question

Does anyone know how to obtain the “2.7 or 3.4+” python compatibility - dll file for transformers to function? After upgrading from 2021 to 2022.1 the Python 2.7 compatibility has been lost. Thank you.

Badge
Does anyone know how to obtain the “2.7 or 3.4+” python compatibility - dll file for transformers to function? After upgrading from 2021 to 2022.1 the Python 2.7 compatibility has been lost. Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 4

That is correct, starting with FME 2022 it is no longer possible to use Python 2.7 at all.

See also https://community.safe.com/s/article/python-27-deprecation

Badge

That is correct, starting with FME 2022 it is no longer possible to use Python 2.7 at all.

See also https://community.safe.com/s/article/python-27-deprecation

Thanks David,

We have one transformer that was made in 2016. On the link you sent, the link states version 3.4+ should work but I can't find out how to download this file or how to make it the Prefered Python Interpreter for our Transformer to work.

"Solution:

If the warning is logged and there is no user-defined Python in the workspace, it should be safe to simply change the Python Compatibility parameter of the workspace to 3.4+".

Userlevel 4

Thanks David,

We have one transformer that was made in 2016. On the link you sent, the link states version 3.4+ should work but I can't find out how to download this file or how to make it the Prefered Python Interpreter for our Transformer to work.

"Solution:

If the warning is logged and there is no user-defined Python in the workspace, it should be safe to simply change the Python Compatibility parameter of the workspace to 3.4+".

If your Python script works with Python 3.4, it should also work with Python 3.6 and newer (unless it does something really unexpected), so my recommendation would be to simply configure the workspace to use "Python 3.6+" or similar in FME 2022.

Badge

Thanks David,

"Solution:

Thanks for the quick reply David, I'm just trying to find out and I have seen on Safe website about selecting v3.4 but am unable to try. I have copied an old folder from FME v2021 for Python27 but the new warning is "FME supports Python 3.6 to 3.9. Ignoring the user-specified Python library version 2.7 from `C:\\Program Files\\FME\\fmepython27\\python27.dll'

I was hoping I could download the "2.7 to 3.4+ " version or the 3.4 version to test, but I can't locate this.

Userlevel 4

Thanks David,

"Solution:

As far as I know, there is no such thing available for download.

As the message states, FME 2022 is compatible with Python 3.6 to 3.9. Python 3.4 or 2.7 is not supported in FME 2022.

Badge

Thanks David,

"Solution:

Thank you for clarifying David,

We will revert to v2021 and not pay for further maintenance and updates.