Question

How to get schema from FeatureReader when login username is schemaname

Badge +4

Hi,

I'am trying to read a schema from an Oracle table through the FeatureReader. This works well for lets say TEMP.TABLE when the connection user is a different name than TEMP. When I connect using a user TEMP I don't get a schema. But after removing TEMP. the FeatureReader returns a schema.

This if no problem when I know in advance which user is connecting, but in my case it's all dynamic. We use connection names and the user behind this connection can be the same as where the tables are stored.

Is this a bug? Or does anyone have a solution?

Thank you,

Arno

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @arnovananrooij​ , thansks for posting this issue. This behaviour seems very peculiar. Do you have 'Features to Read' = 'Schema and Data Features' in your FeatureReader? If you just tried reading the schema, with the same username as the schema feature, is anything read in at all?

Have you been able to read both the data and schema properly before, and now its not working? Or?

Also, what version of FME are you currently using? Sorry for all the questions, trying to get a bigger picture! Best, Kailin.

Badge +4

Hello @arnovananrooij​ , thansks for posting this issue. This behaviour seems very peculiar. Do you have 'Features to Read' = 'Schema and Data Features' in your FeatureReader? If you just tried reading the schema, with the same username as the schema feature, is anything read in at all?

Have you been able to read both the data and schema properly before, and now its not working? Or?

Also, what version of FME are you currently using? Sorry for all the questions, trying to get a bigger picture! Best, Kailin.

I've tried all the options. I just need to read the schema, but also tried 'Schema and Data Features'. I don't know if it worked in older FME versions. I'am using FME 2021.1.3.0 (20211002 - Build 21631 - WIN64).

Badge +4

It looks like the schema name is case sensitive:

TEMP.TABLE returns Schema and data features.

temp.TABLE returns only data features and no schema

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

It looks like the schema name is case sensitive:

TEMP.TABLE returns Schema and data features.

temp.TABLE returns only data features and no schema

Hello @arnovananrooij​ , I've escalated this to a case, so one of our Database Experts can lend a hand. Thanks for providing this information! Best, Kailin.