Solved

How to upload a file from Sharepoint to an FME Server folder location?

Badge +4

I have previously downloaded (using SharePointOnlineConnector)a file to my local PC storage, and I know that it is possible to use an S3Connector to upload attributes or files, but, how can I directly upload a file from Sharepoint to FME Server folder in the same Workspace without storing it at C:/?

icon

Best answer by markw 8 July 2022, 18:27

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi @armando_amador​, you'll want to use the SharePointOnlineConnector and download the file as an attribute. The FMEServerResourceConnector can upload that attribute as a file (set Source > Upload > Attribute + Attribute To Upload as File). I'd also suggest experimenting a bit with the Folder ID and Upload with File Name parameters to understand the formatting before using attributes/parameters here (if you plan to). Let me know if this works for you!

Badge

@armando_amador​  can you please show an example workspace on how you were able to download a file to your local C: drive? I have the SharePoint Online connector set-up and it is working but I'm not sure what I need to add to the workspace besides the connector.