Solved

OGC WFS and version dependent parameter typeName(s) ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi all.

I'm trying to consume a WFS service (Geoserver), which for some reason only works as version 1.0.0. This even though that the capabilities document clearly says 2.0, and accepts all versions.

In versions 1.0.0 (and 1.1.0?) the parameter "typeName" is used to specify the layer (feature type), but this is later renamed to "typeNames" (with an S).

I get an HTTP error 401 from the service when attempting to fetch data in version 1.0.0, but the very same URL works if I just add an "s" to "typeName".

Can FME be tricked into instead using or adding the "typeNames" parameter?

Actually, URLs may contain both "typeName" and "typeNames" parameters with the same value, which would make the requests robust against version problems. Can this be achieved?

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by lifalin2016 9 September 2022, 10:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @Lars I Nielsen​ , I know there was a parameter added to the WFS Reader recently regarding TYPENAMES. Not sure what version of FME you're using, so its hard to say if you'll have access to it, but it should be in a 'Workaround' section in the WFS reader parameters. Could you try enabling the 'Seperate WFS v2.0 TYPENAMES with commas' parameter? I cannot gaurantee this will work, but it may be worth trying. Alternatively, would you be able to share your WFS URL? Best, Kailin.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hello @Lars I Nielsen​ , I know there was a parameter added to the WFS Reader recently regarding TYPENAMES. Not sure what version of FME you're using, so its hard to say if you'll have access to it, but it should be in a 'Workaround' section in the WFS reader parameters. Could you try enabling the 'Seperate WFS v2.0 TYPENAMES with commas' parameter? I cannot gaurantee this will work, but it may be worth trying. Alternatively, would you be able to share your WFS URL? Best, Kailin.

Thanks Kailin.

Alas, as I described, the version has to be fixed to 1.0.0, so this option is not accessable.

But version 2022.0 did read the data without problems. I normally use 2020.2.5, which showed the error.

I have already been tasked with upgrading our FME servers to 2022.x, but in this job our desktop is used, and here we can switch version much easier.

Cheers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

It seems that the issue has been solved in version 2022, so I'm closing this.