Solved

ArcGIS Portal filter features before downloading attachments

I would like to incrementally download features including attachments (jpg images) using the ArcGIS Portal feature Service Reader. I want to do this by filtering the feature creation date using a tester. This works fine but when I check the option to download the attachments, it takes an enormous amount of time. It's a large datset and I only want to download some of the most recently added data. Is there any way to perform the tester operation first before downloading the attachments?

icon

Best answer by rahulsharma 28 June 2022, 22:58

View original

2 replies

Badge +8

Hi @pir​ 

Unfortunately, there is no way of performing any operation without having to read the data first.

However, as per ESRI documentation, you should be able to use the WHERE clause to query either the LAST EDITED or CREATION DATE attributes to get only the feature that fits the criteria using following

<DateField> >= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - DD

Now, if you want to get all the features that were edited last week, you should be able to use a query similar to the one listed below.

"LAST EDITED"> CURRENT_TIME -7

NOTE: In FME, you will have to double-quote the attribute name, which is not required in ArcGIS Rest API.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for!