Solved

How read metadata of all items from ArcGIS Online?

Badge +13
  • Contributor
  • 58 replies

With the help of the following request url in the Httpcaller, it was possible to get a returned xml output with information about one feature. However instead of retrieving information about one feature, ideally I would like to retrieve metadata of all the items from ArcGIS Online. Does anyone might have an idea how that can be achieved?

This url gets me metadata of one feature.

https://<companyname>.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/<Item Id>/info/iteminfo.xml

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 28 June 2022, 15:03

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

You can use the ArcGISOnlineConnector to list all items.

Badge +13

You can use the ArcGISOnlineConnector to list all items.

@nielsgerrits​ I get the the following error when I try to browse the user content folder in the ArcGISOnlineConnector: 

Python Exception <ModuleNotFoundError>: No module named 'fmepy_esri_agol'

I have ArcGIS pro and I am using the Python that is delivered with ArcGIS Pro. So I think I should be able to use this module. Do you might have an idea what might be the cause of that?

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

@nielsgerrits​ I get the the following error when I try to browse the user content folder in the ArcGISOnlineConnector: 

I have ArcGIS pro and I am using the Python that is delivered with ArcGIS Pro. So I think I should be able to use this module. Do you might have an idea what might be the cause of that?

What version FME do you use? (See Help, About FME Workbench)

What is you current Python Compatibility? (See Navigator, Workspace Parameters, Scripting)

Badge +13

My FME workbench isthe following version: FME(R) 2021.2.3.0 (20220131 - Build 21812 - WIN64) .

Python is 3.8

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I'm not sure. It feels like the package is not installed correctly. You can try yo remove the package via the tab FME Packages under tools and reinstall it.

Badge +13

You are right. Apparently I don't have enough rights to install this package. So first I have to sent a call to IT to receive the rights to install this package.

I will come back later on it when I receive the respective rights to make use of the package.

Badge +13

@nielsgerrits​ I got the rights to Python and now ArcGISOnlineConnector works. I do get the necessary metadata out of the ArcGISOnlineConnector. Thank you for recommending the ArcGISOnlineConnector.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

@nielsgerrits​ I got the rights to Python and now ArcGISOnlineConnector works. I do get the necessary metadata out of the ArcGISOnlineConnector. Thank you for recommending the ArcGISOnlineConnector.

Nice. Thanks for the feedback :)