Question

Any suugestions about the best approach to integrate a revit model in 3D GIS environnement ( Arcgis Pro)

Hello 

I'm working on an BIM/GIS integration approach. I need to integrate my revit model in a 3D GIS environnement mainly in ArcGIS pro and use it for spatial analysis. 

Any suggestions about the best approach ? should i simply import it, use data interoperability extension ( quick import ) or convert it to citygml or file geodatabase ? I'm struggling to understand these different formats and I'm new to this. Please Help.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Have you utilised ESRI geoprocessing tool https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.9/tool-reference/conversion/bimfile-to-geodatabase.htm

Badge +9

There are indeed different options. You can import your Revit model directly into ArcGIS Pro. ArcGIS Pro will subdivide your Revit model into categories such as Floorplan, Exterior shell, Architectural, Structural, Electrical etc. I generally need more control than that and want different Feature Classes in ArcGIS Pro. What I do is load the Revit file into FME with a Feature Reader transformer (or just a normal Reader set to Revit files), split it on the feature classes I want to maintain/create and write it to a File Geodatabase with a Feature Writer.