Question

Issue writing GDB with XML template file set by parameter on FME Server

• 27 June 2022
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I'm attempting to run a workspace on FME server that writes a gdb which uses an xml template file. If i upload the workspace and choose upload files, this works fine. If I try and use a parameter to set the location of the xml file and upload the file to the appropriate resource folder the process fails with an error

The error message from ArcObjects is: {unable to open primary document entity

I know the file is in the correct location as a file not found error is generated if the file isn't there.

Any ideas?

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi @ebygomm,

That error does typically occur when there is a problem finding the location of the XML document.

Where is the XML file located? If it is inside of the FME Server resources, please verify on the System Share machine that file is in that location (e.g. C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\resources\\data\\folder\\targetfile.xml). If it is found, ensure that it matches the file path in the complete error message. Copying the error message's file path and pasting it directly into a file explorer is another way to verify its location.

Does the file path use a default/custom Macro value or a complete file path?

When setting the workspace user parameter, are you using the the dialog to select the file from the resources, or typing in the location?

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!