Solved

Read BIM360 Custom attributes

Badge +9

I am trying to read a custom created attribute from BIM360 with the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector. The BIM360Connector has the option to select some attributes under the "Output Attributes" -> "Attributes to add" option but these are only the standard attributes that Autodesk supplies. I have created an attribute on our BIM360 environment called "InladenGIS" with the value Yes on a specific file. Is it possible to read this attribute value when using the List option on the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector transformer in FME? If not, is there a possible workaround using the HTTP callers and are there plans to support custom BIM360 attributes in the future?

icon

Best answer by david_r 27 June 2022, 10:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Yes perhaps you need the components of the fme package behind the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector in order to expose this attribute

historyYou can also add comments in the FME hub which might reach the right people

https://hub.safe.com/publishers/safe/packages/autodesk-bim360docs#comments

Badge +9

Yes perhaps you need the components of the fme package behind the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector in order to expose this attribute

historyYou can also add comments in the FME hub which might reach the right people

https://hub.safe.com/publishers/safe/packages/autodesk-bim360docs#comments

Thanks for the idea, I'm going to post my question there as well.

Userlevel 4

You can use an HTTPCaller with the same web connection as the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector, connecting directly to the API for retrieving custom attributes, for example:

BIM360 custom attrs-HTTPCaller ParametersSample payload referencing the results from the list of files returned by the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector:

{
      "urns": ["@ReplaceString("@Value(_id)","dm.lineage:","fs.file:vf.")?version=@Value(_version_number)"
      ]
}

Badge +9

You can use an HTTPCaller with the same web connection as the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector, connecting directly to the API for retrieving custom attributes, for example:

BIM360 custom attrs-HTTPCaller ParametersSample payload referencing the results from the list of files returned by the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector:

{
      "urns": ["@ReplaceString("@Value(_id)","dm.lineage:","fs.file:vf.")?version=@Value(_version_number)"
      ]
}

Hey @david_r​ ,

Thank you so much, it works like a charm! Maybe this will be implemented in future updates of the AutodeskBim360DocsConnector transformer.