Question

How to convert a .tiff file to .MBTiles using FME?

How to convert a .tiff file to .MBTiles using FME?

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @malavikavenu96​ thanks for your question, I believe the simplest answer would be to use our readers and writers to convert a TIFF file to a MapBox MBTiles file. You can achieve this by importing your TIFF file by either dragging it onto the canvas or clicking on the "Reader" icon on the top ribon, and connecting it to a MBTiles Writer by either free typing on the canvas "MBTiles" or adding a writer from the top ribon.

An issue you may run into is that the resolution may be different, you may have to adjust this in the parameters of the writer to match it to the original resolution of the TIFF. You can find the original resolution in the Feature Information window.

image (5)Beyond this I believe we need more information about your TIFF file, how many bands it has, what information you are looking to preserve, and if you are getting any errors. For more information on raster images check out this article on Getting Started with Rasters

Hope this helps!

Evie

Hi @malavikavenu96​ thanks for your question, I believe the simplest answer would be to use our readers and writers to convert a TIFF file to a MapBox MBTiles file. You can achieve this by importing your TIFF file by either dragging it onto the canvas or clicking on the "Reader" icon on the top ribon, and connecting it to a MBTiles Writer by either free typing on the canvas "MBTiles" or adding a writer from the top ribon.

An issue you may run into is that the resolution may be different, you may have to adjust this in the parameters of the writer to match it to the original resolution of the TIFF. You can find the original resolution in the Feature Information window.

image (5)Beyond this I believe we need more information about your TIFF file, how many bands it has, what information you are looking to preserve, and if you are getting any errors. For more information on raster images check out this article on Getting Started with Rasters

Hope this helps!

Evie

Hi, thank you for the reply. I tried doing it and this error occurred. Do have a solution for this?image.png