Solved

Read from esri geodatabase without connection file

Badge

I'm trying to add a esri sde geodatabase reader to a workbench without an sde connection file. I have an example workbench I got from someone else, (but who left the company) with a geodatabase reader where I can just fill in the user credentials and server instance, and then it will read the database.

imageSo in te example above a new connection file is not needed. However, if I try to add a new reader I can only add one when I provide it with a sde connection file. Can someone tell me how to get parameters like in the picture with an esri sde geodatabase reader?

icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 22 June 2022, 00:54

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @gbazzz​ ,

The use of a username, password and instance name was removed from the "GEODATABASE_SDE" format starting in FME 2015.

So the reader that is in the workspace you have, is likely from FME 2014 or prior.

In FME 2015 and newer, the ESRI Geodatabase SDE (GEODATABASE_SDE) format, we made connection files the ONLY way to connect to an Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE) - removing the options for building a connection using parameters or OS Authentication.

It's no longer possible to add a reader that is configurable with username, password and instance. You might be able to create a reader like this by copying the old one to a new workspace and carrying on as such.

-Andrea

Badge

That is a pitty, but at least I won't have to spent time looking further. thank you!