Question

How to write DGNV8 and get the right colors/styles/weights?

• 21 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I am reading some data from a database in, using the DGNStyler I set the color type to color index, define the color index; and set the line style with weight and style.

Than I am forcing all data through a 2DForcer and finally I am using a DGNV8 writer to write to disk.

I guess the problem starts with me not being used to DGN and/or the viewer, but essentially I am not getting the styles I defined.

style differencesAs you can see, the color index is the same in both viewers, but the color shown differ from each other (The left should be a mirror of the right.). Also, the level weight should be 3, and was also as such defined in the DGNStyler.

Overrides have I defined within the writer:

Writer settingsbut the overrides are entirely neglected.

Finally, there is the thing with 3D vs 2D. I thought my file is generated as a 3D file because of my data and added the 2DForcer. However, that does not change anything on the output. Maybe that's just me not knowing my ways around in the viewer...

However, I have to get the styles right, since they are important for my clients.

1 reply

Badge +11

Hello. Perhaps the assigned seed file will help you. This is a dgn file that was created with 2d or 3d parameters, with units of measurement, etc. Adding samples (objects with a given style and color) to this file partially helped me.