Question

Writing shp file data to an existing feature service in ArcGIS Online - error code '1000' - Data is null.

Badge

This is the error I'm getting- ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: 'addResults' error for a feature in 'Tracklogs'. The error code from the server was '1000' and the message was: 'Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.'.

The data has run successfully through the workspace until I try to write into the existing feature service in ArcGIS Online. As a side note, I made sure to Import Feature Types...

The table looks populated to me. There aren't any empty rows, however there are some empty fields. I didn't think this would make the workspace abort though. In the visual preview, I can see the geometry has populated too.

Table 

Thank you in advance for your help.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

A few ideas

• add a nullattibutemanager before the writer and exclude any null features from going onto the writer
  • inspect the features before the writer. Click in the visual preview and open the feature information window for more details about the feature . Alternatively launch the data inspector
  • what type of geometry are you writing to agol?
Userlevel 2
Badge +19

A few ideas

• add a nullattibutemanager before the writer and exclude any null features from going onto the writer
  • inspect the features before the writer. Click in the visual preview and open the feature information window for more details about the feature . Alternatively launch the data inspector
  • what type of geometry are you writing to agol?

Also add a geometry filter before the writer. Are there any features that come out the null port?

Badge

Thanks for your quick reply @jamesb16otterill​ .

Geometry Filter - none came out the null port

Type of geometry writing to agol - arcgisonline_polyline

Inspect features - I have. I was previously redirecting to inspector. There are null fields, but not rows. It looks like everything is appearing in the visual preview too.

Nullattributemanager - I couldn't find this transformer, but I tried the nullattributemapper. It still didn't write through to AGOL and got the same error.

Badge +8

Hi @elpinguino​ 

When writing to existing feature services you have to ensure that all the data going to the feature services matches the field type/data type on the existing services.

I would recommend that you go through the steps mentioned in this article

ArcGIS Online / ArcGIS Portal feature services: common errors writing to existing feature services mismatched schema/data types

Badge

Hi @elpinguino​ 

When writing to existing feature services you have to ensure that all the data going to the feature services matches the field type/data type on the existing services.

I would recommend that you go through the steps mentioned in this article

ArcGIS Online / ArcGIS Portal feature services: common errors writing to existing feature services mismatched schema/data types

Hi @rahulsharma​ , I've matched up the fields now, but I had to change the Writer Feature Type attribute definition settings from Automatic to Dynamic in order to make Date a date, not a string.

I've run into this error now. ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Could not find a layer/table matching feature type ''

Are you able to relink the article you reference? I am getting an error, and I can't find it when I search for it.

Would it be better if I deleted the existing service and wrote it fresh from FME? Currently there's no data in it in AGOL.

Badge +8

Hi @rahulsharma​ , I've matched up the fields now, but I had to change the Writer Feature Type attribute definition settings from Automatic to Dynamic in order to make Date a date, not a string.

I've run into this error now. ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Could not find a layer/table matching feature type ''

Are you able to relink the article you reference? I am getting an error, and I can't find it when I search for it.

Would it be better if I deleted the existing service and wrote it fresh from FME? Currently there's no data in it in AGOL.

Here is the link again

https://community.safe.com/s/article/common-errors-writing-to-existing-feature-services-mismatched-schema-agol

I would highly recommend when you are writing to an existing ArcGIS Portal or ArcGIS Online feature classes, please use "Import from Dataset..." for Layer Definition.

This will ensure that you are getting the correct schema from the existing layer.

If you are using the existing workspace(and writer), please go to Writer --> Update Feature Types

In the next dialog, select the Feature Service and Layers that you want to UPDATE.