Solved

Looking a way to manipulate neighbour(s) pixel colors/values in a raster!

Hello everyone! I'm new FME-User and this is my second month of learning FME. I've been fooling around mainly with maps (TIFF,JP2000) and Lidar.

I'd like to build a 3D-Model from a part of a forest where I add tree.obj for each tree in a raster.

I'm trying to build a tree detector that makes a shapefile of the border of the trees and maybe make a list of the trees in the forest.

So far I've tried this, this is probably really painful to watch :D.

TestFilter that detects brightest parts of the forest(tree tops), then second brightest spots and third brightest etc..

Then I start clipping with buffered detected spots from dark part to the brightest parts and in the end of the clippin' I have really messy tree tops marked on raster..

And this doesn't really solve the original problem at all of making a shapefile for an each tree of the forest :D

So I figured that better approach might be something like this.

Spot the brightest tree tops --> Mark the tree top --> 

Then start filling neighbour(s) of that spot with X color/value (IF neighbour < X) -->

Until all neighbour(s) of filled area are > X --> And this will be the border of tree on a shapefile.

Then repeat with the second brightest tree tops and leave the filled area alone. Etc.

So my questions is. Is there a way to use NeighbourFinder and/or other transformers to achieve that?

nightmarenightmare2

icon

Best answer by JennaKAtSafe 6 July 2022, 18:49

View original

2 replies

Badge +6

Hi @tomppeli​ , The RasterConvolver might be what you're looking for. Here is an article that shows how this transformer works https://community.safe.com/s/article/neighborhood-functions

Thank you for the answer, that was the right way to go 🙂