Question

I have 2 excel sheets. One with much data and the other with the xy coordinated of the data, both with a common key the measuring points. I am a beginner in FME and his been struggling with this for days

How can i join and have only the attribute having xy coordinates in the output file?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi lemfor,

In your attribute manager, highlight the attributes you don't want and remove them. You also have attributeremove transformer as an option

attributemanager_removeAnother option would have been to change the attribute definition on the output writer. Go to the User attributes and use the - remove option at the bottomFeatureTypeWriter_remove_attributes_manual_definitionTo turn these into a spatial object, writing to shapefile etc, add a vertexcreator specifying the X and Y

Hi lemfor,

In your attribute manager, highlight the attributes you don't want and remove them. You also have attributeremove transformer as an option

attributemanager_removeAnother option would have been to change the attribute definition on the output writer. Go to the User attributes and use the - remove option at the bottomFeatureTypeWriter_remove_attributes_manual_definitionTo turn these into a spatial object, writing to shapefile etc, add a vertexcreator specifying the X and Y

The problem now is that i have join in the output without xy coordinate that i do not want in the output. Thus the test filter the problem

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

The problem now is that i have join in the output without xy coordinate that i do not want in the output. Thus the test filter the problem

the test filter will reduce any features that don't have X coordinate

Go to the sheet1 writer, User attributes and take away the attribute if you don't want to writer it to excel

userattribute_manual_definition