Question

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to configure the emailer (To) to be based on a a table attribute (surveyor name) and have set up conditional statements.

I have survey records being written to a database using a work bench. Along the way there is a transformer that checks for null values, if they exist currently the records are wrote to a .csv file to be checked. I would like to send an email to the surveyor so they can edit and resend their records for writing to the database.

Currently I have a HTML Report Generator set up for a table of records that have null values. I had tried to use the Attribute File Writer to isolate the surveyor name and then use the html content in the email body. This doesn't seem to work and was hoping someone has a workflow. Basically the Emailer 'To' is conditional based on the survey record submitted and then I would like the email to contain the survey record with null value.

Thanks in advance!,

Kathy

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @ksmikrud​ ,

I would probably set the conditional value in an AttributeManager (either in an existing attribute or a new one) before HTMLReportGenerator.

imageThen in the HTMLReportGenerator, use the Group By setting and group by that attribute. This will allow the attribute to pass through the HTMLReportGenerator instead of just having the html_content attribute coming out.

imageBy grouping by technician name or email, this will generate a new HTML Report per technician and allow you to set the email to parameter in the Emailer using the same attribute you used to group by in the HTMLReportGenerator.

imageHope that helps.

Hi @chrisatsafe​ 

Thank-you SO much for the reply and all the great info. This works perfectly! Exactly what I was trying to do but couldn't figure out. thank-you!, Kathy