Question

I am working with fbx files and I am trying to reproject using a PROJReprojector. But I am getting an error with some fbx files when I am creating tileset. What could be the reason?

Badge +4

Configuration of PROJReprojectorError@chrisatsafe​ @keziaatsafe​ 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @rishi1804​ , thanks for posting! Unfortunately, we don't support coordinate systems for Cesium 3D Tiles, so this is likely why you're seeing the error. Sorry I don't have better news!

As a general rule, you want to avoid lat/long when working with 3D data, due to the different units for XY (degrees) and Z (meters). However, its worth noting, the cesium 3D tiles writer automatically reprojects to a geocentric system. Hope this helps, Kailin.

Badge +4

Hello @rishi1804​ , thanks for posting! Unfortunately, we don't support coordinate systems for Cesium 3D Tiles, so this is likely why you're seeing the error. Sorry I don't have better news!

As a general rule, you want to avoid lat/long when working with 3D data, due to the different units for XY (degrees) and Z (meters). However, its worth noting, the cesium 3D tiles writer automatically reprojects to a geocentric system. Hope this helps, Kailin.

@kailinatsafe sorry but I think you didn't get the question. We reproject the tileset at right place. So in the case of fbx files and ProjReprojector. I am getting an error you can see in the attached image. I have tested with more than 10 files and got this error with 6 of them. Why the reprojection working with the configured coordinate system with some files but not all of them? Why this issue with the tileset? If the coordinate system is the issue then it should happen with all of them, right??

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@kailinatsafe sorry but I think you didn't get the question. We reproject the tileset at right place. So in the case of fbx files and ProjReprojector. I am getting an error you can see in the attached image. I have tested with more than 10 files and got this error with 6 of them. Why the reprojection working with the configured coordinate system with some files but not all of them? Why this issue with the tileset? If the coordinate system is the issue then it should happen with all of them, right??

Hello @rishi1804​ , apologies for misunderstanding...I forgot to ask, what version of FME Workbench are you using here? Would you be able to share one of your problematic FBX files here? I don't mind taking a closer look. Happy to help, Kailin.