Solved

write multicurve/multisurface into GPKG error

Badge +1

There are GML/FGDB dataset with "round conner polygon" or multilines geometry which is mixed "curve and lines". It can't be written into GPKG file.

src dataset geometry

image.pngThe output geometry is IFMENull

How can fix it?

icon

Best answer by david_r 30 June 2022, 13:15

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 4

It depends on a few factors, but it should be possible. First make sure to use a generic geometry field on the writer. If you're writing to an existing geopackage with a specific geometry type that excludes arcs, you can insert an ArcStroker just before the writer.

You might also want to try using a GeometryRefiner and possibly also a GeometryValidator (OGC checks) to make sure all geometries are valid.

Badge +1

Thanks, I will try

Badge +1

After GeometryRefiner, we have point, line , polygon, arc, ellipse, surface ...

I use MULTICURVE to map arc, but

What's Geometry type in GPKG can map ellipse?

What's Geometry type in GPKG for surface?

Badge +1

I try to use GeometryValidator (OGC checks), It classify all my MULTICURVE geometries or mixture of MULTILINESTRING and MULTICURVE geometries as failed.

Then how can I fix it

Userlevel 4

After GeometryRefiner, we have point, line , polygon, arc, ellipse, surface ...

I use MULTICURVE to map arc, but

What's Geometry type in GPKG can map ellipse?

What's Geometry type in GPKG for surface?

Ellipses and surfaces aren't supported in a GeoPackage, see https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/ogcgeopackage/quick_facts_ogcgeopackage.htm

Userlevel 4

I try to use GeometryValidator (OGC checks), It classify all my MULTICURVE geometries or mixture of MULTILINESTRING and MULTICURVE geometries as failed.

Then how can I fix it

Did you try using a generic geometry column in the GeoPackage table? That should work.

Badge +1

Thanks

Badge +1

Did you try using a generic geometry column in the GeoPackage table? That should work.

I will try, thanks

Badge +1

I'm so new for FME. How can I set generic geometry column? Thanks

Userlevel 4

Try this:

Badge +1

Thanks, I will try

Badge +1

1. Is any way can we convert curve into line. convert round polygon into polygon
  2. our FGDB dataset use MULTISURFACE to define round polygon. Can it be translated to GPKG accurately
Userlevel 4

1. You can use an ArcStroker to convert all the arcs to polyline segments. Sometimes you may also want to add a GeometryRefiner after.
  2. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "round polygon"... Do you mean an ellipse?
Badge +1

Thanks for your help, this setting solve some of my problems. But Now I got this error when use the setting to convert dataset

image...

imageOur geometry Data is this

imagewhat's Non-Cirular Arc.

Is this