Question

How to remove blank lines within a multiline attribute

• 16 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

I'm not sure how to remove lines within a multiline attribute. I have made an attribute by concatenating several features into one attribute (via lists). The problem is that sometimes the lines are blank in the list before I concatenate it. This is because as I'm making my groups of list some of the original lists have say 5 features and others 10. So when I concatenate them together there are 5 blank lines.

I have l looked around the community and not really been able to find a solution. This post was the closest

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hfOlSAI/remove-blank-lines-from-an-attribute-values

I'm not sure if the string replacer or attribute trimmer would work, but I've had no luck so far. I've attached a picture so you can see what I mean

If you could help that would be great. I hope I've explained it clearly

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Hi James, appears you are dealing with XML. Had you considered a featurereader with XML format. Under the parameters of the reader, you can select the elements to match or exclude. Also, it provides you ability to make attributes from XML fragments, flattening them. From there, use an attributemanager to clean things up