Question

How to publish ESRI web scene on ArcGIS Enterprise with building layers from Revit files.

I have several Revit files for design review of a construction project and I want to make them available to our organization through ArcGIS Enterprise using a 3d web scene showing the Revit data as a "building layer." I've set up the Revit readers but that is as far as I have gotten in FME. I tried creating Esri file geodatabase writers from the readers but resulting the feature class schema is different than what the results from the BIM File to Geodatabase geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro produces.

For context, in ArcGIS Pro my steps would be:

1. BIM File to Geodatabase (geoprocessing tool)
  2. Make Building Layer (geoprocessing tool)
  3. Share as Web Scene

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @vciardi​,

When you create the new GDB writer, choose Import from Dataset for the Feature Class or Table Definition setting, then choose an existing Geodatabase derived from BIM. This will import the appropriate schema for the output GDB.

You can use an AttributeManager to rename the Revit attributes to the required GDB attribute names. If you need to do any domain mapping, you can use AttributeValueMapper transformers. If this schema mapping become quite complex, you may want to check out the SchemaMapper transformer, which lets you control the schema mapping from an external Excel or CSV file.

Badge +4

Hi @vciardi​ 

I have a same problem.

I am going to received 50 files in Revit and IFC formats and I need to convert them to Esri web scene,

Do you have any recommendation?

thank you so much

I was given a recommendation to use ArcPy within FME to access the appropriate geoprocessing tools (BIM file to geodatabase) and then publish to Esri Web scene. I go this answer at the ESRI User Conference and had already manually completed the workflow but if you do end up going this route, I would love to know how it worked and possibly see your script if feasible. Thanks