Question

How to use "Duplicate filter"?

Badge

In my attribute table, I have a field named "City" and in this field we have differents cities except a city which is in 2 or 3 fields. But the transformer "Duplicate filter" doesn't display this information and displays cities which are uniques. So I think it doesn't work. What is the problem?

Thanks for helping

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

When you set the attribute "City" in the Key Attributes parameter, the first feature passing through the DuplicateFilter with a certain city name in attribute "City" will exit through the 'Unique' port, all consequent features with the exact same city name in attribute "City" will exit through the 'Duplicate' port.

DuplicateFilter

Badge +22

The duplicateFilter has two ports.

The first time a value is encountered it is output through the Unique port. Any subsequent features with that value are output through the Duplicate port.

So if you had 3 features with Vancouver, the first would come out the unique port along with the rest of the cities, while the remaining 2 Vancouver features would be in the duplicate port.

You may be more interested in the Matcher transformer, which will send all 3 Vancouvers to the Matched port .

I was also confused about the UniqueFilter, since features in the Unique port don't have to be unique values.

You can also use StatisticsCalculator with "Group Processing" and "Total Count", which is faster than the Matcher transformer.

Badge

When you set the attribute "City" in the Key Attributes parameter, the first feature passing through the DuplicateFilter with a certain city name in attribute "City" will exit through the 'Unique' port, all consequent features with the exact same city name in attribute "City" will exit through the 'Duplicate' port.

DuplicateFilter

Thank you!

Badge

The duplicateFilter has two ports.

The first time a value is encountered it is output through the Unique port. Any subsequent features with that value are output through the Duplicate port.

So if you had 3 features with Vancouver, the first would come out the unique port along with the rest of the cities, while the remaining 2 Vancouver features would be in the duplicate port.

You may be more interested in the Matcher transformer, which will send all 3 Vancouvers to the Matched port .

Badge

I was also confused about the UniqueFilter, since features in the Unique port don't have to be unique values.

You can also use StatisticsCalculator with "Group Processing" and "Total Count", which is faster than the Matcher transformer.

Thank you!