Question

NetCDF writer: Failed to end definition. The error was 'NetCDF: One or more variable sizes violate format constraints'

Badge +10

I want to mosaick 188 netCDF files into a single netCDF file. I get the error

NetCDF writer: Failed to end definition. The error was 'NetCDF: One or more variable sizes violate format constraints'

The data is a DEM, so only one band which is elevation.

I have attempted both "Classic" and "64-bit Offset" Parameter

What am I doing wrong?

8 replies

Userlevel 4

Difficult to say without more details. Perhaps you can post some sample data here?

NetCDF is a fairly tricky format, you'll probably have to make sure that the contents of the various lists like "netcdf_band{}.coordinate_variable{}" matches the number of bands in the output file.

Badge +10

The netCDF files are really large, so I don't know if it would be possible to post sample data.

Only one band, representing elevation, in metres (decimal metres)

X and Y is Longitude and Latitude in decimal degrees

70314 rows

57924 columns

Badge +10

Attached is one (zipped) csv. There are 187 more like this

Badge +10

Attached here is the netCDF that I generated from the csv I attached just before

Badge +10

@david_r​ I have uploaded some data, as you suggested

Badge +10

And here are my workbenches. The Runner & Worker convert all the csv files into netcdf files. This succeeded.

Then I tried to mosaic all of the netcdf files into a single netcdf file. This failed.

Userlevel 4

And here are my workbenches. The Runner & Worker convert all the csv files into netcdf files. This succeeded.

Then I tried to mosaic all of the netcdf files into a single netcdf file. This failed.

I just did a quick test with the NetCDF file that you posted, I had no issue mosaicking several versions of it. I you can't find the solution, I recommend you contact your FME reseller for assistance.

Badge +10

I just did a quick test with the NetCDF file that you posted, I had no issue mosaicking several versions of it. I you can't find the solution, I recommend you contact your FME reseller for assistance.

I do succeed in mosaicing about a dozen netcdf files together. I get an error when I attempt to mosaic all 188