Solved

Oracle Spatial and ArcPRO

Badge +6

I'm inserting data into an Oracla Spatial with FME Desktop. I see that the data is written correctly when used or when I see SQL Developer, when showing that a resource is not designed by ArcGIS, but it shows that a resource is not designed correctly and does not open in ArcGIS, what will be done?

Thank´s

icon

Best answer by rahulsharma 6 June 2022, 21:56

View original

6 replies

Badge +8

Hi @mr_fme​ 

I think the issue is that you are writing to the underlying database instead of the ArcSDE writer.

In order to do this correctly, in your workspace you should write the feature to Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb)

Hope this helps, there is a way to convert this table to SDE feature class but it may be a bit complicated. The best solution would be to drop the table, switch the writer in the FME workspace, and run the workspace.

Badge +6

Hi @mr_fme​ 

I think the issue is that you are writing to the underlying database instead of the ArcSDE writer.

In order to do this correctly, in your workspace you should write the feature to Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb)

Hope this helps, there is a way to convert this table to SDE feature class but it may be a bit complicated. The best solution would be to drop the table, switch the writer in the FME workspace, and run the workspace.

I tried what you suggested but i got this answer:

An error occurred while attempting to create a feature dataset. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147220960'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The application is not licensed to create or modify schema for this type of data }

GEODATABASE_SDE writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Badge +8

An error occurred while attempting to create a feature dataset. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147220960'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The application is not licensed to create or modify schema for this type of data }

GEODATABASE_SDE writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Ok, the error indicates that you have not deleted the table SDE.VAR_TESTE

Can you try deleting the table first?

Or can you try changing the feature type name to VAR_TESTE1 or something?

Might be unrelated but are you sure that you are using a STANDARD or ADVANCED license for ArcGIS Pro? check this Esri article

Badge +6

I've done all that is, the error is the same. My license is standard

Badge +8

Hi @mr_fme​ I have escalated(C676111) to the support ticket as we need to look at additional information i.e. log files, system report, and workspace.

Badge +6

Thank´s