Question

FME Desktop using VPN Connection

Hello,

we have started using FME Desktop with a VPN connection. It takes about 20 -30 Minutes until the programm starts. It remains with the message "Initializing Start Window" the whole time.

We have set a new environment Variable like one Post said but there are no changes after that.

Has anyone any Idea how can we solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Are you on a floating license by any chance? I've heard reports that accessing the floating license server over VPN can sometimes be slow (though 20-30 minutes is a *lot*)

Badge +8

Hi @dataman​ 

We would require additional information to troubleshoot this issue.

Are you using a floating license server?

Is this a local install or virtualize i.e. Citrix or AppV etc?

Are your Documents(folder) and Roaming profile(%AppData%) local to the machine on is it mapped to a network share?

Do you have multiple license files in your C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME\\Licenses folder?

Are you on a floating license by any chance? I've heard reports that accessing the floating license server over VPN can sometimes be slow (though 20-30 minutes is a *lot*)

Hi!

we have a floating license. During the start the check of the license occurs at the beginning, after that initialize the main window about 30 minutes

Hi @dataman​ 

We would require additional information to troubleshoot this issue.

Are you using a floating license server?

Is this a local install or virtualize i.e. Citrix or AppV etc?

Are your Documents(folder) and Roaming profile(%AppData%) local to the machine on is it mapped to a network share?

Do you have multiple license files in your C:\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME\\Licenses folder?

hello @rahulsharma​ ,

thanks for your answer. Here the Infos:

• Yes, floating license
  • FME is installed local in my laptop
  • We use local user profiles (attached the content of the folder)

Today I have tried it from my office (Wifi and without VPN) and it takes a couple of seconds. It takes so long only at home using VPN.

Thanks!