Question

Receive Emails (IMAP) Part 2 - ghost workspace error (but all works)

Badge +5

Hi,

We are running FME Server 2019.2.3.2 - Build 19825 - win64 (yeah, I know - upgrade coming soon). We successfully set up IMAP on an account and the Publication/Topic in FME Server to receive emails. I followed the tutorials and created my own workspace. Everything works as it should, however, in the Jobs completed page on FME Server I see this (ReceiveEmailTester.fmw is mine):

email_receiveThe ReceiveSMTPEmail.fmw doesn't exist in FME Server, but I notice that a fmwt version exists in the download package from:

https://community.safe.com/s/article/receiving-email-part-2-processing-email-with-a-wor

In the tutorial I notice a screenshot that shows their workspace and this SMTP workspace - both having run successfully. I cannot find any reference to this extra workspace or explanation for why it is there or why FME Server tries to run it. Suffice to say there is no log file generated. Particularly odd as it is called SMTP even though I have only set up IMAP for receiving.

Whilst everything works for receiving email, we like to keep FME Server clean of errors where they are known. Any help / explanation would be gratefully received.

Regards

John

2 replies

Badge +5

Hello @johnt​ ,

Would you be able to provide the fmeserver.log file from <FMEServerFileShare>\\resources\\logs\\core ?

Secondly, please provide the "statusMessage" of this failed workspace job -

imageAlso, could you also please confirm that any subscription created as part of this tutorial does not have a reference to the ghost workspace?

Badge +5

Hi @Merline George​,

Thanks for your response. So I thought I would check out the Subscriptions page first, and yes, there was an entry there:

email_receive2I removed it, reran the process and there was no error or ref to the smtp workspace in the completed jobs. Not sure when this got created - I know I had looked at SMTP originally a month or so ago when setting this up, but soon realised we had to go the IMAP route and had to wait for IT to set up the account etc. I had created a new Publication and Topic when doing this the other day for IMAP, so not sure how this extra subscription came about. It was subscribed to the topic I newly created.

FYI the statusMessage for the failed SMTP one was empty.

Thanks again

Regards

John